Career Foundations https://careerfoundations.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/JB-Square-200x200-1.png https://careerfoundations.com https://careerfoundations.com USD 100000 YEAR true
Sr Cost Accountant
Raleigh, NC 27602 US
Posted: 05/08/2023 2023-05-08 2023-07-01 Industry: Accounting Job Number: 5100 Pay Rate: 100,000
Successful Candidate Profile
- Management of product cost releases into SAP, including cost rolls into on-hand inventory valuation.
- Leads product costing initiatives that seeks to integrate full-load product costings along with activity-based costing principles into the Company’s finances.
- Integration of product costs for third-party procured finished goods.
- In conjunction with supply chain, ensuring that contract costing going into raw materials for bill of material purposes are complete, accurate, timely and consistent with management’s expectations.
- Review of product sourcing grids so that current flows of inventory are accurately costed and local management is kept informed of this impact on key site metrics.
- Participation in make versus buy decision-making process, including the evaluation of vendors externally producing finished goods on our behalf.
- Maintenance of National Product Delivery and Commissary pricing rebate grids so that proper economics of the relationship are kept in order.
- Analysis of monthly purchased pricing variances to standard, stock transfer revaluations, production site yield variances, and production site order variances.
- Development of production site variance reporting tools to hold local management accountable for results.
- Assist in the summarization and review of test cycle count methodology and reporting into Corporate by individual sites.
- Responsible for period-end tie out of all SAP inventories to the underlying physical count records (if applicable).
- Working with management teams, establishes workflows and processes to effectively accomplish financial business goals and objectives.
Successful Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, and five (5) years of experience in mid-level managerial accounting or costing positions.
- Substantial exposure to finance, accounting, budgeting and manufacturing cost principles.
- In-depth working knowledge of automated financial and cost accounting reporting systems, particularly SAP.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Can effectively create, propose and sell changes to the Company’s accounting methods.
- Possess professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Must be able to work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Some travel (10%-15%) is required.